1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Painter required

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Roderz, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Roderz
    Amazed

Roderz Geek on a Bike Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2009 Yamaha FZ6N
    What I need is advice on where to take the bike to have the tank painted as below. Somewhere not too expensive, and creative enough to pull it off.

I have decided how I want to modify my FZ6N. I was looking for famous yellow vehicles that are cool. Bumblebee is not cool, sure the recent movies fixed him a bit, but if you're of my generation, then Bumblebee wasn't cool, but I digress.

I have decided to paint the tank primarily, to look like Max Rockatansky's MFP Interceptor.
    [​IMG]

Since the tank is already yellow, I figured it's a good place to start.
    [​IMG]

I'm not looking to go over the top or theme the entire bike, just enough to be a nod. I may have a decal saying MFP on it somewhere, and definitely right on the bum in front of the tail light I'll get a white decal "Interceptor".

2. Offline

Dylan05

Dylan05 Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    cbr 1000, SOLD cbr 400
    go to autobahn or some thing and by a sheets of decals in red white and blue, use brown paper or something to do your mock ups and then cut them to the shape you want, fit them and if your really keen put a coat of clear over them.