1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

New Bimota

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by djt77, May 2, 2012.

djt77

djt77 Member

Hi all,

I thought I'd introduce myself and my new bike.

I based over in Perth and recently received my new ride from Alan at FX Powersports. I thought this thread might prove useful to anyone who is looking at purchasing a bimota so they know what they are getting themselves into.
    Right I thought I might keep this thread updating by letting people know how I'm getting on with the bike. So here goes.

First off the dealership experience, having bought the bike from FX Powersports over east, I can only praise the customer service I got from them. Now I know this is what you would expect when spending an obscene amount of money on a bike, but they did everything I asked of them, and I asked a lot for my money. They even managed to arrange for my parents to get show around the factory when they visited Rimini and they had a great time (Dad can't believe I ride the thing he wanted to put it in this living room back in the UK).

Now FX don't have a shop over here so they use the Scooter Shop in North Perth for the hand over, they were great as well with the hand over Shane and Frank are both real enthusiasts and they kept me up to date with delivery dates.

OK, onto the bike, mmmm firstly unless you sit on this thing you won't believe how light it feels, just moving it about it feels lighter than my old race ZX6R and that had no road gear on it at all. I want to get it on the scales to see what the real weight of it is so if anyone know where can do this let me know. The run in period is 1,000km not to go above 6k. That lasted about 120km before gave it a few runs up to 8k to make sure it worked but so far I've been very good and kept it around the 6k mark, it cruises easily around 110 +/- kph in 6th so will kept to the handbook schedule as much as I can.

I currently trying to arrange to get the bike professionally detailed, (first day of riding was in the rain, and a little rain was never going to keep me off it) and get some protection of some kind on the fairings to protect from stone chips. I've got a guy coming over from east who details some high end cars over here and have asked him to give the bike the once over.

Bike currently has around 450km on the clock and feels like it's starting to loosen up nicely, I can't wait until it's properly run in. If anyone see me out on it feel free to wave and stop me for a chat.

Will upload some pictures soon as I can.
    • Like Like x 1

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions Benelli (and Bimota) Back In Australia Jul 24, 2011
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions [Syd] Where can I look at a Bimota DB7? Sep 9, 2009
    Multimedia Ducati versus Bimota Apr 22, 2009
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions 2008 Bimota DB7 Nov 9, 2007
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions bimota tesi 2d Jun 19, 2005

kneedragon

kneedragon Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Kawasaki ZX14
    Hello Dj, and welcome. Nice to have you along.

You know how to make an entrance, I'll give you that! Most people are like "Should I buy the VTR250 or the CBR250?" You rock up and like "Hi - Do you like my Desmocedici?"

LOL. Looking forward to the pictures. Not many people get me thinking I only own a ZX14.
    • Like Like x 2
    Rainbow7

Rainbow7 Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2009 VFR800
    So...which model did you buy?
    djt77

djt77 Member

I bought a DB7 Oronero, it's similar to the DB8 but has the 1098 ducati engine not the 1198 and has a carbon frame and swingarm, along with few other little goodies not on the standard models.
    • Like Like x 11
    Four40

Four40 Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    GSX1250FA, GSX1400
    Obligatory :-p~ Very nice
    Unconnected
    Spaced

Unconnected Member

Motorbike(s):
    1988 VFR400R
    ahhh you must be the guy they mentioned in AMCN a short while back.

Amazing bike mate im sure its as good as i imagine it is.
    Jem
    Cheerful

Jem Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2013 Aprillia Shiver ABS
    Very very nice....

Just out of curiosity - ball park price?

Enjoy it, cheers Jeremy
    JimmyGenesis

JimmyGenesis Member

Motorbike(s):
    CBR250RR
    Beautiful bike, but aren't they like $80,000 +/- ? Very unique either way, enjoy it:beer:
    Lazy Libran
    Cynical

Lazy Libran [ Anonymous ] Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
    Looks Cool. (y)

Enjoy the ride.
    goddie
    Amused

goddie isnt my puppy cute? Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Ninja 1000_Hornet 900_R1200C_GSX750F_XVS650_CBR600_VTR250
    Welcome to NR and congrats on the bike, cant wait to see pics!!
    RED ZX
    Amused

RED ZX Member

Motorbike(s):
    KTM Superduke R, ZX6R.
    Redbook puts the price at $85000. Wow, I wish I was in a position to spend that much on bikes at once.
    Congrats on the insanely awesome bike, it is fair to say you will not run into another one at your local, thats for sure.
    Mikey213

Mikey213 Member

Motorbike(s):
    Gs500 suzuki
    that is a gorgeous looking bike mate.
    Lazy Libran
    Cynical

Lazy Libran [ Anonymous ] Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
    Some more info H E R E

..yeah and the girls are nice too. :D
    something_wild

something_wild Premium Member

Mmmm, big fan of the bimota db models.
    Congrats, and enjoy every second on it!
    UDLOSE

UDLOSE Premium Member

Wow that's insane! I actually saw some lebbo squid on a white one hanging out at a maccas, couldn't believe my eyes. Guy coulda ride for shit and was trying to do Monos on it :/
    dangerous_daveo

dangerous_daveo Member

Motorbike(s):
    STR'10
    After the pictures all I read was, blah, blah.. blahblahhblah...

That is a pretty intense bike! Very very nice, and while it is a lot of money, (actually I think that is defined as a shittonne of money in bike land) when you see how they are built, you can really see where the money goes. They aren't like some cars which cost 5x as much and come off a automated production line. It is a deadset peice of art.
    djt77

djt77 Member

Figured that with this, I won't need another sports bike in the future, I like the way it has no traction control, ABS etc, it's still down to the rider. This is one thats never going to be sold, when I'm to old to ride I'll just move it into the house (Bedroom preferably) to look at and reminisce over.

Just click over the 600km this morning :)
    • Like Like x 2
    Deadsy
    Curious

Deadsy Drinking & reading Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2016 Hondazuki CSXR-1RR Biturbo
    Very nice.
    toadcat

toadcat Premium Member

Absolutely. I saw one at the Sydney Motorcycle expo and it truly was a bike that you could just stand there and look at for hours and still have more to look at later. It truly is an artwork. The detail that goes into every single part of the bike is just astonishing. The CNC milling of each part is beautiful and the carbon parts accentuate the whole thing.

Here's a picture I took of a DB8 and the Tesi-3D at the show:
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6228/img215o.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3672/img216h.jpg
    Man Hands

Man Hands Premium Member