1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Getting back in the game!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge and Birthday Greetings' started by MihirR, Apr 15, 2012.

MihirR

MihirR Member

Motorbike(s):
    Royal Enfield Bullet
    Hey guys! I actually joined almost 2 years ago but I've been out of riding for a while now. recently picked up a new bike (my first bike actually :biker: ) and loving it! Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - it's a bit on the slow side, a very relaxed ride lol, just something to play around with modifications till i get off LAMS

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions Getting back in the game!! May 18, 2011
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions Getting Back into the game Sep 1, 2010
    Multimedia Gamers Are Getting Owned Mar 21, 2006
    Welcome Lounge and Birthday Greetings Getting back into riding (Ballarat) Yesterday at 11:28
    Welcome Lounge and Birthday Greetings Hi all...finally getting back on bike Mar 19, 2014

NSSherlock
    No Mood

NSSherlock Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    '94 Kawasaki Zephyr ZR550 B4, Ikon Progressive Fork Springs
    Welcome!
    Better late than never.
    Lazy Libran
    Cynical

Lazy Libran [ Anonymous ] Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
    Welcome to NR and to the world of motorcycles! (y)

Royal Enfield, eh? Enjoy the ride.
    MotoTraveler

MotoTraveler Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Blackbird
    Welcome back. Interesting choice with the bike - I know one of my mate is planning to get one, he reckons it's better than the Bonneville and plans to turn it in to a cafe racer.

It'll be good to know your thoughts on Enfield.
    MihirR

MihirR Member

Motorbike(s):
    Royal Enfield Bullet
    Actually the guy I bought mine from was getting rid of his Enfield because he got a bonneville. Didn't like the lack of power on the Bullet.

I'm planning to turn mine into a cafe racer/bobber mix up as well. They do wear there modifications really well. But they are an absolute pain to maintain, mine broke down yesterday. I was stuck on the side of a road for 5 hours, borrowed tools for a spare parts dealer to try and fix it. Ended up storing it in the warehouse of a local business.
    MotoTraveler

MotoTraveler Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Blackbird
    That's not good. I thought the export quality was better than the ones they make for Indian roads.

Also - I noticed you have a GSX600 as previous bike and you are on your LAMS? Did I miss something?
    MihirR

MihirR Member

Motorbike(s):
    Royal Enfield Bullet
    Haha, not a previous bike, belongs to my brother.

The newer Enfields with fuel injection are much more reliable. I just seem to have found the exception. Although that could have something to do with its previous owner.