1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Dririder Tourer Waterproof (versus the road)

Discussion in 'Boots' started by thermal, Dec 26, 2010.

thermal

thermal Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    '09 Triumph Speed Triple
    [​IMG]

These were my first pair of boots and as I was buying all my gear at once, I didn't get the most expensive thing I could find. However, at $179 from a clearance centre and with the Dririder name, they weren't the cheapest either and I thought I was making a good choice.

I've only done about 500km in them and as for comfort (and with no comparison), they are great. The zips tend to get caught on the lining, but that's a minor inconvenience. Did a few hours in the rain - not torrential, but wet enough and got no leaks.

Today, they got the real test. I was coming around a corner at approx. 50kph and lowsided.

First, the good:

[​IMG]

That circular section is reinforced and held up very well, as I would expect.

However, unless I am mistaken, a boot like this should be able to handle a slide at ~50kph on its 'standard' sections. To be fair, it didn't rip apart. Though I did manage to wear a hole about 5-6mm in diameter right where the big toe 'knuckle' is:

[​IMG]

Overall, I'd say the boots do their job well enough. They kept water out during a fair rainfall, they were comfortable once they softened up a bit. I'd recommend these as a 'riding to work in the rain' boot - which I suppose is exactly what they are. I do think though, that I might invest in a slightly more armoured boot for my next twisties outing, just in case...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts DriRider Nordic 2 boots?? Mar 20, 2014
    Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts Dririder iRide Casual Sneaker Oct 17, 2013
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale Dririder & Finn Moto jackets Oct 7, 2013
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale DriRider Airflow L Jun 21, 2013
    Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts Opinions on Forma Mirage Boots or DriRider Assen Gloves? Apr 10, 2013

stu_h

stu_h 20,000KM in 47 days. Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC - Speed triple 1050
    I have been thinking about this all afternoon see seeing these.

This was the inside of the right boot ?

I wear the alpine star boots of a similar style.
    And this has me second guessing them.

Is it possible this was caught between bike and road and the extra weight caused the grinding ?
    thermal

thermal Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    '09 Triumph Speed Triple
    Yes, it's the inside of the right boot. I can't really recall being under the bike at any stage, but I suppose that's possible. I'm fairly certain it was caused by a slide along the road though. So, you agree that it shouldn't have made it all the way through? I'm not really sure what I should be expecting from gear, so that's why I ask.