1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Doncha just love Sundays

Discussion in 'Roads and Touring' started by bigwheels, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Offline

bigwheels

bigwheels Member

Righto, been at work for the past seven days and on Sunday I was invited for a ride with a group of riders from a branch of my workplace. Sure thing! Me and a couple of mates rocked up under the threat of rain and thunderstorms.

Early start looked good , thunderclouds in the distance but the air was cool and inviting. We got as far a Myrtleford and the heavens opened so we pulled up to ponder wether to keep going or put the tail between the legs and head home. No we are not sunshine bikies but those who know Tawonga gap will know it`s not much fun in the rain.

We found the other twenty or so riders enjoying breaky in Bright and were introed to lots of people whose names I have already forgotten. Good blokes all, and one lady. A rose amongst the thorns.

Heading over Tawonga Gap was taken steady for a start. It`s funny but when you ride with a new group you don`t know who`s who, especially their riding ability! The road soon separated the more determined riders and I was witness to some cruisers being very un-cruiser like. Even the learners did a great job and hopefully will be back for more. We may be quick and smooth but geez we are getting to be an old bunch, so good on ya learners you did yourselves proud.

The rest of the day was spent wearing the tyres out at Falls Creek, followed by lunch and a few yarns and finally home through Happy Valley in the thunderstorm that had been threatening all day.

It was a great day no doubt helped by the friendliness of some biking strangers. Other non riding folk I spoke to had a hard time with the concept of spending the day with a group of people they don`t know. Pity them, dunno, were they envious, you bet!

Sorry it`s a bit long, but some days everything just comes together and despite the weather and the exploding sunscreen (long story for another day) I had a ball.

Bring on the next ride and long live the riding brotherhood.
  2. Offline

Grey Gentry

Grey Gentry Member

Motorbike(s):
    Kawasaki ZZR600 1000GTR ZRX1200S
    One of my fav roads...Mt Beauty to Falls Creek...I gotta ride a day to just to get there...ok I'm envious
  3. Offline

bigwheels

bigwheels Member

I hope for your sake that`s not the closest twisty road! Geez I grumble when I have to travel for a hour before the fun starts.