1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Alpine stars winter gloves

Discussion in 'Gloves' started by Fz1chick, May 7, 2012.

Fz1chick

Fz1chick Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2003 Yamaha FZ1S
    Can anyone give me a review on Alpinestars Tech Touring WR-V Gore-Tex gloves. They look pretty good...Peter Stevens in Melb city has them for $119.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale 2014 Alpinestars Jacket, Kevlar Jeans, RST Boots. As new Jul 7, 2014
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale Womens Alpinestars Stella Josey WP Shoes May 31, 2014
    Gloves Alpinestars C-1 Windstopper Gloves May 31, 2014
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale [Sold] Alpinestars GP Plus Gloves (M) Apr 16, 2014
    Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts Alpinestars gear Apr 16, 2014

thehinch

thehinch Member

Motorbike(s):
    2008 CBR600RR & 1954 Ariel 650cc Twin
    Not sure if this helps but Ride Magazine(UK) reviewed the Alpinestars 365 GoreTex Glove (which is the next glove up in waterproof/water resistant range and said the following:

"Devastatingly waterproof", that's the verdict of MCN product editor Marc Abbott who used them to build snow igloos. But if you want to use your motorcycle gloves for riding, the 365 GTX gloves bring the DNA of racing to the real world of wet weather and autumn cold. The protection of full grain leather and race proven knuckle shells, finger bridges and wrist pads combine with the latest in waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex technology for a truly high end performance gloves ready to take on the British Isles!
    AznCruiser

AznCruiser Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    ZX6R
    Alpinestars 365 GoreTex is stunningly expensive.
    jazzfan
    No Mood

jazzfan Wreckless Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    yes
    You only get one glove?
    Masakali

Masakali Member

Any updates on this glove? This is the same price as Tak's gloves, but my snowboarding experience tells me that absolutely nothing beats goretex for warmth and breath-ability...
    Jem
    Cheerful

Jem Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2013 Aprillia Shiver ABS
    I sail all year round,get the goretex if you actually want them to do what they say they will
    thehinch

thehinch Member

Motorbike(s):
    2008 CBR600RR & 1954 Ariel 650cc Twin
    I bought the 365 glove and they held up true to form in wet weather. They are warmer than summer gloves but don't sit in hug boot basket for warm. For $10 I purchased a pair of thin thermal gloves which can be worn inside the 365 when its antarctic conditions.

I rode home at midnight last night, an hours rides, in Sydney and my hands and fingers were warm.

jibber from The Hinch
    Ozrider58

Ozrider58 Member

Motorbike(s):
    Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
    Yes I have a pair of the gortex gloves. They keep the hands dry. Ive got heated grips so the gloves and the grips keep the hands warm and dry evenin the cold Melb weather we are having at the moment.
    Masakali

Masakali Member

Damn these are very nice gloves.
    Went to check a pair out, and the inner lining on these gloves are nicer than any other pair they had at the shop.

But the fingers are a bit long for me, is that much of a problem? I hate all the gloves where the fit is good. :-(